05 August, 2008

Religion Is Dangerous In So Many Ways

I don't think anyone aside from fundamentalist Christians and people who are afraid of "universe is a friendly place my child" overdoses think Wicca's dangerous, but all religion is dangerous. It's not just the fuzzy thinking, the human tendency to go all "my god/dess is better than your god/dess," and the very real risk of dying of boredom during interminable religious ceremonies - the sharp objects aren't safe, either:

LEBANON, Ind. - A woman accidentally stabbed herself in the foot with a 3-foot-long sword while performing a Wiccan good luck ritual at a cemetery in central Indiana.
Take a moment to fully savor this. She stabbed herself in the foot during a good luck ceremony.

If that's not irony, my darlings, I have no idea what is.

1 comment:

Cobalt said...

*facepalm*

This is why ritual tools shouldn't be sharp. So that you can't ACCIDENTALLY STAB things. Aiee.